Sunday, January 9, 2011

Feminine Flower Brooch/Hair Clip



Remember my feminine flower headband from last year? This morning I needed a pin for my sweater so I whipped this up in a minute or two. So easy! The silk flowers came from a craft store closeout I went to last year. (Zim's—it was the craziest place, like I stepped into a time machine and went back to a craft store of 25-30 years ago.)



All that's needed for this project (besides the flower, of course) is an alligator clip, a brooch pin, and a little hot glue. Most of the time spent on this project was waiting for my mini glue gun to heat up.



Here's my 34-week pregnant belly with the brooch/hair clip and headband set.



Maybe I should save some of these flowers for the baby girl!



I like the flower as a hair clip because I can place it lower in my hair than the headband. When I wear the headband to church I feel like I'm blocking the view of the person sitting behind me!



Speaking of flowers, I'm really enjoying Grograin's month of Shoe Sugar. I need to make some of these! I also want to make more homemade flowers like the one I made for Melanie's purse last year.


3 comments:

  1. Your belly looks so cute! I have an 8 month old - aren't babies the best?? I LOVE your Etsy stuff, really unique! I make hair clips and sell them in my Etsy shop (www.assortedmiscellany.etsy.com) but I'm just starting out. Do you have any advice? Congrats on the future arrival of your little girl and good luck in your business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower hairclip low on your hair like that. Of course the alligator clip was good too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Bridey, the flower clip low on your hair is so flattering. And love the preggo pics! You're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...