Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Baby Swing Makeover

See that flowered fabric? I bought it a few months ago, not sure what I would make out of it, but knowing that I would "need" it for the baby.



I bought this baby swing at a yard sale earlier in the year. I wasn't crazy about the cover. So I decided to make a new cover. Then I decided I would reuse the old padding for the new cover. Then I decided to just cover the old cover. Then I realized that the only part I really didn't like was the animals with the weird patterned oatmeal background. So I decided to just cover those parts. I saved myself a lot of time!



As I looked through my fabric stash I realized that the orange and yellow flowers on brown would go perfectly with the striped trim already on the cover. Ah Hah! So I did "need" that fabric, just as I predicted!



The green striped bias tape was leftover from Sawyer's bibs (last post).



So what do you think? The baby swing was okay without the makeover, but it's definitely more girly than before (although not your traditional pink). And it's so much fun to be able to use flowers for the first time on something for my own kids!

8 comments:

  1. It looks great!! And, I'm always a fan of flowers!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tammy! I know you like flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when you got the fabric. What a great idea! I love it! It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I recovered a car seat for Kyle and it was the hardest thing I have ever sewn. You have my admiration and respect for finding a better way. the bias is brilliant and the existing ruffle ties it all together awesome!
    Virtual high-five! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'm on a roll now! You should see all the little projects I've been pumping out this week. Actually, you've seen almost half of them now.

    Becky, I did the car seat cover thing, too. The first one I made was for my sister and I made it WAY too complicated. The second one, for Lincoln, was simpler, but still I ended up making it reversible. Why?? I'm still deciding whether I'm making a new girly one this time around or keeping Lincoln's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the bouncer with the same pattern, and I've always loved it. But then again, I've loved it for my boys, not a girl. I like your make over. The flowers look great on it! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the car seat cover thing, too. The first one I made was for my sister and I made it WAY too complicated. if you want more info Clik Here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...