Monday, June 14, 2010

The Huge T-Shirt Refashion

A few years ago my husband and I got some X-Large family reunion tees. For this year's reunion I decided to cut mine up and sew it into something I could actually wear.

You can see the difference below. These shirts used to be the same size. Crazy, huh?



My favorite part is the short, gathered sleeves, copied from another shirt I love.



I also love the length of the shirt. It stays in place with no fuss.







I'm considering doing a pattern or tutorial for the sleeves of this shirt because they are so unique. In the meantime, there's a great t-shirt refashion tutorial over on This Mama Makes Stuff. "That" mama actually introduced me to wardrobe refashioning and I think she must be the reason it is so cool today.

After this successful project I'm so ready to hack into some older t-shirts I've had stashed and make them wearable too!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job Britt! Not only do I want your skills, I also want your waistline! You need to come over and show me the sleeve thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I'll totally show you the sleeves!

    Uh... thanks for the waistline compliment, but I'm not really digging the rolls I seem to be sporting all the time lately. Where did those come from, anyway? Maybe all that Toy Story cereal I've been eating?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany, this shirt is very cute now!! It looks so soft and comfy. I want to learn refashion but am terrified to ruin everything I try. Like the two big shirts of Phill's that are now two pitiful long sleeve shirts for Porter. I don't let him wear them out of the house. The neck lines are horrendous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a tutorial!!!! You can do anything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...