Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cowboy (Girl) Shirt

I made this little shirt for my cousin's daughter's 2nd birthday last week. She's a horse lover, so I'm hoping she'll love the fabric too. It's from a cowboy print Nick and Nora sheet from Target. This is the fourth or fifth thing I've made from that sheet set, and I have no intention of stopping soon. I'm hoping to make myself a shirt out of it, actually. Anyway, back to the shirt... I made the whole shirt in an afternoon. Everything was running smoothly, despite my lack of a female model, until I accidentally tacked the flower to the wrong side. But there was no taking it off without some serious damage to the fabric, so the shirt is backwards. Including the collar. But I told my cousin to bring the shirt back and I'll reattach the color the right way. That'll also help with the slightly small neck hole.


I had so much fun with the ruffly sleeves and hem. My boys don't wear ruffles. The hem of the shirt lined up great with the double-stitched hem of the sheet. So I just threaded the elastic between the two seams.

This was supposed to have been the front.


Cute flower/bow, don't you think? But that little thread is driving me crazy. I just want to pull it out! The jeans button in the center added a cute touch, and was super easy to attach.

Here's the cutie wearing her new shirt. She was a good sport to pose for me.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...